CSRM Logo Twitter Logo Facebook Logo
Toggle Menu


How do I contact CSRM administration about a query I have?
The best starting place is to contact the office on 01608 682682 between the hours of 9.00 to 5.00. If no-one is available to speak and it isn't urgent then leave a message and we will call you back. If it is urgent or if it is an emergency out of hours then call one of our mobile numbers listed in the venues. Please bear in mind that we all use our personal phones for work and when you call us we may be on holiday or tied up with something or someone else.

How do we calculate full-time staff monthly pay?
Full-time staff are paid 12 equal monthly payments but each month can have a different number of working days. If you work less days than the number of available working days in that month without counting the days as holiday then we treat this as unpaid leave and deduct the number of days absent. Equally, if you work more days then we pay you for the extra days unless we have been informed that time off in lieu has been agreed. Both deducted and additional days are paid at the agreed Day Rate shown on your pay summary.

What uniform is supplied free of charge?
Instructors/Fleet FULL TIME: Shirt x 4, Trousers x 3, Waterproof x 1, Gilet x 1, Soft shell x 1, Polo x 3.
Customer Facing Admin/Others FULL TIME: Shirt x 3, Soft shell x 1.
Instructors/Fleet PART TIME: Shirt x 2, Trousers x 1, Waterproof x 1, Gilet x 1, Soft shell x 1, Polo x 2.
Customer Facing Admin/Others PART TIME: Shirt x 2, Soft shell x 1.
Additional uniform can be purchased at cost.

How do I know how much holiday I have accrued?
If you are in a full-time role then your full 34 days is available from the beginning of the holiday year, (20th March). If you are part-time then your holiday accrued to date is shown on your monthly pay summary. Holiday can only be taken once accrued and holiday must be applied during shut down periods for full time & part time staff.

What other employee benefits do I receive?
We run a pension scheme with NEST, to which you are auto-enrolled (working hour dependant) and as from April 2018 we contribute 2% towards this. Uniform is provided free of charge where required. We run the "cycle to work scheme" which is a tax efficient way of purchasing a bicycle to use for work and pleasure. We also run a Childcare tax free scheme to cover Childcare requirements.

How do I qualify for External Training and Development?
All training and development is agreed through our Performance Management process.  The development is approved, based on the requirements for your role and the needs of our customers business. Occasionally training is as much a benefit to the employee as it is it us the employer and we may occasionally ask you to contribute in part or sign up to a clause stating that the cost should be refunded to us if you leave.

What is the process for claiming mileage?
Business mileage in excess of the return mileage to your normal place of work can be claimed. The rate per mile depends on your vehicle engine size. Please use the mileage form listed in the Staff Room.

Am I entitled to SSP,SMP and SPP?
Yes, is the simple answer.

What do I do if I have a problem with my wages?
Contact the CSRM office by email or telephone and we will sort out your issue as soon as possible.

What is the process for recommending friends for employment with CSRM?
Ask them initially to send their CV and covering letter using the contact details on the Recruitment page. You might also want to send an email to the HR Manager if you feel your recommendation is a strong one.

What is the process for claiming expenses?
Please use the Expense Claim Form shown on the Staff Resources page. Complete the form and send it plus all receipts to the CSRM Office or give it to a member of the CSRM Core Team. You are advised to keep photo copies in case the expense form is lost in the post. We aim to pay all expense claims direct to your bank account within 48 hours but we might sometimes have to question entries. If you think that an entry might cause a query then it is always worth giving us a few lines of explanation to save time.

How do I find out what my CSRM employee number is?
The number will be emailed to you on starting your employment with us, but is also shown at the top left of your Pay Summary sheet and on your formal pay advice form. It will start with the letters "CS" for employees or "S" or "SE" for self-employed.

How do I get to know about other opportunities within the business?
Vacancies for new roles will be announced by email from the HR Manager to the email address you register with us.

How do I progress to reach a higher pay band?
There are a number of ways that your pay can be increased.
1. By being promoted to a different role that is in a higher Pay Band.
2. By your role being reviewed and upgraded to a higher Pay Band.
3. By receiving an individual merit increase at the annual pay review.

What do I do if I can’t access the Resource Tool?
Speak to your immediate Line Manager or the HR Manager initially who can escalate your query if they cannot help.

What do I do if I can’t access the ‘Excellence’ on line learning site?
Speak to your immediate Line Manager or the JLRE training department initially who can escalate your query if they cannot help.

What is meant by "Agency Workers Regulations"?
Agency Workers Regulations, AWR, ensure that within certain parameters, your pay and conditions should match that of the Customer's employees in comparable positions. There are some exclusions such as "pay-related" sick pay and company cars. If you think you are not being treated fairly then speak to your Line Manager or the HR Manager.

What is the Specsavers Eyecare Scheme?
CSRM offer free eyecare with Specsavers to staff who meet certain criteria.
To qualify for an eyecare voucher, you must regularly use DSE (display screen equipment) as a significant part of your normal work (daily, for continuous periods of an hour or more).   

The DSE regulations do not apply to workers who use DSE infrequently or for short periods of time.
Employees are entitled to one voucher per year.

The Specsavers scheme will provide you with a DSE eyecare e-voucher which covers :-

  • A full eye test which includes retinal photography if you are over 40 or your optician recommends it.
  • One complete pair of glasses from the £45 frame range, fitted with standard single vision lenses plus a scratch-resistant treatment when required solely for DSE use.
  • OR the £45 contribution can be used towards an upgrade to other frame ranges and you pay the difference.
  • Premium Club is an integral part of every VDU eVoucher and it offers a further £20 contribution when glasses are selected from the £99 frame range or above, thus giving you a combined contribution of £65.

*Priced £99 or more, fitted with standard single vision lenses plus a scratch-resistant treatment.
For more information or to request a voucher, please contact one of our team.